Five community organisations from Junee Shire were amongst the 42 recipients from the Riverina Electorate to receive funding from the Australian Government’s 2021 Volunteer Grants Activity Grants.
The Volunteer Grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering. The grants provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
$13,375 was shared between the five organisations in Junee:
- Junee Bowling Club — $2,500
- Junee Lions Club Incorporated — $3,450
- Junee Reefs Ivor Hall — $2,840
- Junee Show Society — $2,585
- Regional Heritage Transport Association – Junee Incorporated (Roundhouse Museum) — $2,000
Featured Image: Ladies Lifestyle Pavilion, Belling Hall, Junee Showgrounds. Photo by Struan Timms Photography